noun \ ˈblis \
1: complete happiness
Complete happiness… in business? Why not? This might seem an odd idea to some. Too often I hear people describe their business (or working in general) as a necessary grind – something they despise but must continue to do just to survive. That’s a dark view of something that they do at least five days a week – and for us entrepreneurs, 24/7. If you’ve chosen to go into business for yourself, why not be happy? Completely happy. Why not strive for business bliss?
Over the years, I’ve come across many ideas, strategies, and tactics that promise to deliver wealth, health, happiness, and success. While I found some useful and others ridiculous (and just about everything in between), I know one thing for sure: for any of them to be of use, you must put it to use. Too many people read about what to do, but fall short when it comes to execution. If you want to see results, you must get shit done!
In his book, 7 Strategies for Wealth & Happiness: Power Ideas from America’s Foremost Business Philosopher, Jim Rohn offers the following advise…
All the ideas in the book stem from a group of key words that he outlines in chapter 1.
- Fundamentals – The basic principles on which all accomplishment is built.
- Wealth – The conversion of effort and enterprise into currency and equity.
- Happiness – The skill of reacting to the offerings of life by perception and by enjoyment.
- Discipline – The bridge between thought and accomplishment; the glue that binds inspiration to achievement.
- Success – A steady, measured progress toward a goal and the achievement of a goal.
The seven strategies presented in the book are as follows:
- Unleash the Power of Goals
- Goals: What Motivates People
- Goals: How to Set Them
- Goals: Making Them Work for You
- Seek Knowledge
- The Path to Wisdom
- Learn How to Change
- The Miracle of Personal Development
- Control Your Finances
- How to Achieve Financial Freedom
- Master Time
- How to Be an Enlightened Time Manager
- Surround Yourself with Winners
- The Principle of Association
- Learn the Art of Living Well
- Your Road to a Richer Life
- The Day that Turns Your Life Around
One thing that has done wonders in my life is the conscious implementation of a daily routine. Mine consists of getting up before the sun come up, practicing Kundalini Yoga, spending time reading, and planning my day. I have found that this allows me to take control of my time by prioritizing what I need to do, ensuring the most important things are done first. In fact, I will be reading the book mentioned above after I finish the two I am currently reading. Click the cover image below and purchase the book. Let’s and read it together.
In closing, I’ll say that bliss (in business and in all other areas of life) comes to those who deliberately expand their horizons and experiences.